Fort Bend ISD voters approved a $484 million bond package November 4, 2014 to fund significant investments to address the District’s growth, improve safety and security in schools, and upgrade the District’s technology infrastructure
Bond Program Highlights
- No tax rate increase to fund new bonds. Due to the District’s growing tax base and the retirement of existing bonds, a tax rate increase will not be required to fund the new bonds.
- FBISD to serve a growing number of students. FBISD currently serves more than 73,000 students. Over the next five years, the District expects to add more than 5,400 additional students, and 12,600 students over the next 10 years.
- FBISD Capital Plan incorporates information from each of these plans. The Capital Plan includes two phases and will serve as the District’s planning roadmap through 2023. Phase One of the Capital Plan priorities are funded in the 2014 Bond.
- $365.4 million for new construction and classroom additions to support increasing student enrollment, and major maintenance and renovation items identified through a comprehensive facilities assessment*
- $26.9 million for safety and security improvements
- $15.9 million for new school buses, bus cameras, and global positioning systems on all buses
- $39.4 million for technology infrastructure
- $36.5 million for land purchases and other needs
* Notable projects in the package include four new elementary schools and funding for improving career and technical education.